I gotta tell you something!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

She

Like everyday, it was my routine visit to nearby Temple. Being Tuesday, dedicated day to god Hanuman, it was a huge rush there and beggars were also adding to it. Sometimes this situation get on your nerves too, but you have no other option they give them something and all possible way to come out safely.
I went in, did my pooja and came out. As I am scared of these beggars, i managed to made an escape from that crowd. "Ah! thank god" I exclaimed.
I was unlocking my two-wheeler, when a small girl near about 4 or 5ish wrapped into pink-white..dirty frock, which was torn from every other inch....blowing nose, uncombed hair, dark ..naked feet..ran towards me. She stood very close to me and sucked her thumb. May be she wanted to utter something, but she kept staring at me with blank face. Avoiding her presence, I took my helmet, wore it and started my bike, I just took a small U-turn to move ahead when she whispered in low voice "de de didi, bhagwan teri sunder jodi banayega" (please give me something, god will bless you with a good match)...her voice crumbled.

Dunno what made me to stop, i took packet of prasad and gave her. Her voice was so soft and convincing that I couldn't move an inch ahead, without agreeing to what she was asking for. She shyly took that packet and ran back to that crowd

I wonder, what was the fault of that small kiddo, which made her to sit outside temple and beg for her stomach. Her hands were too small to "beg", the one who needs a school, a protected environment, where she can also get cherrished and loved. We are into the era of Nike, adidas, tomy.., where even a cheap local brand could help her to cover body.

I wanted to hug her and kiss on her chubby cheeks, and wanted to say "darling, you are beautiful". She was as normal as other kids, except for having "financially sound" parents.
But i couldn't do anything and drove back to my way.
posted by Jyoti at 2:30 PM

16 Comments:

Its heart touching.... but it is only the fault of our social thinking... as for government, every child have literacy right (not the education) and necessary also.. govt also provides foods mid-day meal for children..
so finally you can say that its totally fault of our social ppl and their parents…. Lets see what we (i-generation) can do for them…. Hope that it will takes some turn if we social reformer takes charge itself…

April 9, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

@huh? wmi?: Exactly, its certainly true that things wont change till the time "we" are not going take a step ahead.

April 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

woow nice post.. full of reality.!!
i want to hug her... but why u didnt? ok leave it.. have you any blueprint to solve this problem..

waise hot template it is ..:D
ur previous was like this.. 'sukhe kinare pe ek boat and rainy cloud' means just waiitng for rain which shows a positive look .. now what could i say about current template....hehehehe


:-)

April 29, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Reality Bites! :D
hehe! we all wish to change so many things in our lives, but all u can do is just be a part of the herd and watch everything without bein able to do anything!

-I

April 30, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

@deeps: Uff! tum aur tumhare matlab

@impressionist: Is it necessary to be part of herd????

May 2, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

hey jyoti, it was a wonderful artcle from u,
these are pretty common situation which we face everyday in our life, though we know that who are responcible for it, but still unable to do anything..it signifes that fault lies within us....our inability to take an bold action..well it(link) worked this time, i wonder why wasn't it working earlier....

May 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Hi!

There are few things you cannot do anything about, on a larger scale.
It is then the time for you to take a step forward and do as much little as you can and add a smile to someone's face.
This post reminded me of the days when kids followed me on my way to temple till I gave something to each of them.

Once, as I was returning home a kid asked me for money and when I said paisa nahi milega he said theek hai didi kuch khaane ko do. I said chal theek hai. Then he held my hand and smiled as he saw that I did not mind it. As we walked to a food stall he told me what he wanted to eat. I paid to the food stall person and asked him to give whatever the kid wanted to eat.

I was not only smiling on my way back home, I also slept well that night!



GBU
Arti

May 9, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

This helplessness that you talk about here is something that i had experienced before ... it tores ur heart apart .... I know it is bad manners to be posting one's work in somewhere else's blog but this is something tht I happened to write few years ago ..

In the midst of glory,
I was plodding around;
Came to a hut, dilapidated & round;
Lay a woman with rags on.

Her two children,
Shoved in a corner,
A paper hiding,
The naked body of theirs;
The empty house ----
With nothing around,
But the emaciated mother
And the sick children's frown.

Tears floating down her cheeks,
Her body shuddering,
A picture of desperation ---
A picture of frustration ---
Fighting with the world and herself
She being defeated once and again.

I asked her who she was
I asked her why she was here
I asked her how she reached here
Bearing an unbearable silence, she answered none.

An unending pause, --- disturbed
Said she ----"Who am I, know I not
I have no work, no food to eat
Burnt in my minds are events past
My children are like beggars
But we are not beggars.

"I promised her food,
But she refused
She wanted work
That I had none ---
And I came out,
My self respect bowing in front,
My helplessness coming in front
"Oh! God where have I come?


Alok

PS: BTW whr hv u been ... even u had denied access to ur blogs :(((

TC

May 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

@arti: i regret why i couldn't do that..its was a horrible feeling

May 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

@alok: Thanks for sharing it.I really admire your sense of writting. One day you will surely get known for your writting skills.

and sorry i did not denied access to any blog. Actually one day i was experimenting with settings..to galti se ho gaya :(

May 10, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

*tore my heart apart ....

and *someone instead of *somewhere else's blog :)

ohh! these typos :)))

am glad u r back :))


Alok

May 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Amezing creation

keep it up

take care

bye

May 13, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

the only question i have.... if u felt like hugging nd kissing her nd telling her that she was beautifull... WHAT STOPPED YOU?

May 21, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

@casperbaba: m yet to discover the answer of this question.

May 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

hi jyothi,nice post n touching pics.Keep it up!

July 1, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

donno wat to say, i am not in a position to say anything for the blog but, yeah u expressed it beautifully.

August 13, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home